The hotel business, one of Canada’s fastest-growing sectors, continues to draw students from all over the world to study there. After completing hotel management courses in Canada, you’ll be able to take advantage of the country’s tremendous expansion. The hotel management universities in Canada are well-known for their outstanding industry experience and valuable certifications and degrees. In addition, the starting income for a hotel manager in Canada is 52,416 CAD per year, making it fair to claim that the starting salary for a hotel manager in Canada is rather good!
What Advantages Do Canadian Students Get from Studying Hotel Management?
In Canada, hotel management is the result of industry experience and a top-notch educational programme. The following are some additional benefits of studying hotel management in Canada:
- In Canada, the starting wage for a hotel manager is anything from $39,000 to $80,000 per year. In addition, as one’s level of seniority rises, so does the compensation.
- It was an excellent education. Canada’s top hotel management schools have long been known for their world-class facilities. Canada is well-known for providing exceptional educational and professional opportunities to international students.
- Courses and concentrations abound: Some of Canada’s best institutions for hotel management provide a range of degree options, including P.G., U.G., and even a Ph.D. These institutions also offer some of Canada’s most famous hotel management degrees and P.G. diplomas.
A Guide for Foreign Students Seeking Hotel Management Studies in Canada
- Duration: a period of two to five years
- Graduation Status: Graduate/undergraduate/diploma/certificate levels of education
- Type: Part-Time vs. Full-Time Work
- Mode: Online vs. offsite
- International Students’ Annual Tuition Cost on Average: USD 20,000 to USD 40,000
- The Best Colleges and Universities
Degrees and specializations in hotel management available in Canada
Because of the wide variety of degree programmes available, including U.G., P.G., and certificate and diploma programmes, hotel management courses in Canada for international students are in high demand. After graduating from high school in Canada, students can pursue a variety of hotel management specialties, including:
- Managers in the field of food and beverage
- Management of hotels around the world
- Managerial responsibilities in a hotel
- Management of hotels and tourist attractions
In Canada, some of the most popular post-secondary hotel management courses include:
A bachelor’s degree in hospitality or tourism management, or a master’s degree in food and beverage management, is required for admission to these programmes.
Studying Hotel Management in Canada: What Are the Requirements?
The next step is to see if you’re eligible to manage a hotel in Canada.
To qualify for a job, a person must have:
- a high English proficiency test scores
- GMAT/GRE test results
Let’s begin by looking at the eligibility requirements for hotel management in Canada:
- a high school diploma or equivalent
- One of the most fundamental criteria to pursue a bachelor’s degree in hotel management in Canada is to have high school transcripts and a bachelor’s degree (if applying to P.G. courses). Math is one of the required courses for admission to most Canadian hotel management schools.
- Scores on the English language proficiency test
- International students must confirm their English language proficiency, such as an IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or another test. Depending on the university or programme, an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher is required for overseas students planning to study finance in Canada.
To sum up, here are three things to consider:
The GMAT/GRE scores may also be required while applying to MBA programmes in hotel management programmes in Canada.
How to Become a Canadian Hotel Management Student?
Following is a brief explanation of how to apply to some of Canada’s top universities of hotel management:
- Choose a course and a university in Canada to begin your hotel management degree or diploma.
- The application fee and the application form must be submitted simultaneously.
- Submit all relevant documentation, including transcripts and any other items requested by the university, such as an SOP, a resume, letters of recommendation, and documentation of prior job experience.
- In addition, you may be required to go through an interview procedure.
- Take advantage of the university’s scholarship and financial aid programmes.
- Await the outcome of the admission process.
Canada’s best institutions of higher education for the hospitality industry
Students from throughout the country and around the world flock to Canada’s hotel management schools because they offer a challenging, gratifying, and unique learning experience.
Listed below are some of Canada’s best hotel management schools:
- Universities Frequently Requested Programs: Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Management Graduate Certificate
Post-secondary education in hotel management
- Duration: 1 year (2 semesters) / 2 years (4 semesters)
- Cost of Education for International Students on Par with U.S. Students (in CAD): 17,307 (Total)
University of Fanshawe
- Universities Frequently Requested Programs: Management of Food and Beverage
Diploma in Management of Hotel and Resort Facilities and Services
Master’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Administration
- Duration: 75-85 months
- Cost of Education for International Students on Par with U.S. Students (in CAD): 18,000 (total)
The Royal Roads School
- Universities Frequently Requested Programs: The University of Southern California offers the Graduate Certificate in Tourism Management
International Hotel Management Bachelor of Science
Thesis in Tourism Management
- Duration: At least eight months to four years old
- Cost of Education for International Students on Par with U.S. Students (in CAD): 33,729 for a Master’s in Tourism Management
BA in International Hotel Management – 20,000-40,000/year
Diploma in Tourism Management- 936.92 credits
- Universities Frequently Requested Programs: University degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Duration: For the past four years
- Cost of Education for International Students on Par with U.S. Students (in CAD): 35,796 annually
College of St. Clair
- Universities Frequently Requested Programs: Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management from the Ontario College of Technology
Diploma in Tourism and Travel from the Ontario College of Technology
- Duration: a period of two year
- Cost of Education for International Students on Par with U.S. Students (in CAD): 20,000 each year
- Universities Frequently Requested Programs: Diploma in Nutritional Management and Food Production
Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Management-Hotel and Restaurant Operations
Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management for Graduate Students
- Duration: a few months to a few years (3-8 semesters)
- Cost of Education for International Students on Par with U.S. Students (in CAD): 2 semesters, 16,214 dollars for the Food and Nutrition Management Diploma.
18 048 credits across three semesters for the Graduate Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management.
Hotel Management Training in Canada Costs
Hotel management programmes at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels are available in Canada for those who have completed high school. Hotel management courses in Canada typically cost around 20,000 CAD per year for a U.G. degree or diploma. Hotel management’s post-graduate degree programmes cost anything from 20,000 to 30,000 Canadian dollars per year. Some courses might cost as much as 40,000 CAD depending on the university or programme.
In addition to the programme fees, students should plan to spend between CAD 900 and CAD 1500 per month on living expenses in Canada. Based on the needs of a single person, this estimate includes the cost of hotel, food, clothing, transportation, and other fees.
Hotel Management Courses in Canada are eligible for financial aid from the Canadian government
The tuition for hotel management courses in Canada ranges from 20,000 CAD to 40,000 CAD for international students. Scholarships for international students are plentiful at some of Canada’s most prestigious hotel management schools, even though tuition is relatively low.
The following scholarships are available to students pursuing a degree in hotel management in Canada:
Foundation for Canadian Hospitality, Government of Canada
- Eligibility: Hospitality students in Canada’s second year
- Award (in CAD): 2,000 x 2
Scholarship provided by the Ontario Hostelry Institute to deserving college and university students
- Eligibility: Students from around the world come to Canada to study hospitality.
- Award (in CAD): 1000
Humber College’s International Admissions Scholarships
- Eligibility: Applicants from outside the United States who have a solid academic record
- Award (in CAD): 2,000
Humber College offers scholarships to international students
- Eligibility: High academic achievement amongst applicants from other countries
- Award (in CAD): a discount of $2,000 on tuition costs
Helga and Roger Lawson Scholarship at Tim Horton’s
- Eligibility: International students in their second year
In the food and beverage management programme.
A 3.0 GPA is required.
- Award (in CAD): 1000
Opportunities in Canada’s hospitality industry after completing a degree in hotel management
You’ll need to attend one of Canada’s top hotel management schools to realize your goals. In Canada, the average annual income for a hotel manager is $52,416.
As a result, we’d like to introduce you to several possible job paths in hotel management in Canada after completing a certificate or advanced diploma in the field:
Specializations such as disaster and safety management, sustainable tourism management and more can be pursued through higher education.
Get a job at some of the world’s most prestigious hotels and brands (JW Marriott, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts etc.)
Hire yourself to numerous luxury living companies, cruise cruises, and casinos, to name just a few options.
Become a hotel management instructor
The following table lists the highest-paying hotel management positions in Canada, together with their typical annual wages, to help you better understand what to expect after you complete your education.
Average Annual Salary (in CAD): 46,000-107,000
Food Service Manager
Average Annual Salary (in CAD): 57,000-113,000
Average Annual Salary (in CAD): 45,000-123,000
Average Annual Salary (in CAD): 49,000-126,000
Average Annual Salary (in CAD): 36,000-59,000
Canada’s hotel management colleges and universities provide a wide range of specialized, industry-focused programmes. Most top hotel management institutions in Canada offer a job placement rate of up to 100 percent if you have a degree or diploma in hospitality management. Hotel management salaries in Canada are also within reach of recent graduates from other countries who are just starting their professional lives overseas.
What are Canada’s top schools for hotel management?
In Canada, the best schools for hotel management are:
Guelph Fanshawe and Humber College are affiliated with each other.
How much does a hotel manager in Canada make per year in Indian rupees?
Indian students’ average pay for hotel management in Canada is around 30 LPA.
In Canada, what are the job prospects for graduates with a master’s degree in hotel management?
Yes, here are some potential career paths:
- Pursuing a Post-Graduate Degree
- Starting a hotel management company of your own
- Obtain a position as a hotel general manager.
Are there any scholarships for students pursuing a hotel management diploma in Canada?
Numerous scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 per year are available to international students studying hotel management at leading Canadian universities.
Are any P.G. programmes in the hotel management area particularly well-received?
The following are some of the most well-known hotel management degree programmes:
Hotel Management MBA in Canada Diploma in Hotel and Resort Services Graduate Certificate
Are there any expenses for overseas students taking hotel management courses in Canada?
Approximately 20,000 CAD per year is the U.G. degree and certificate programme cost. Hotel management’s post-graduate degree programmes cost anything from 20,000 to 30,000 Canadian dollars per year.
Check out our other articles
IELTS for Canada
Top 10 Job Searching Websites in Canada
10 Culture Shocks in Canada
Covid-19 Challenges faced by students in Canada
All about GIC in Canada